Instagram is quickly growing as de riguer social media choice among the savviest of the web elite. I made that up. However, Instagram’s growing popularity means it’s offering a boatload of interesting, inspiring and downright hilarious content from across the globe. We’ve rounded up 15 Instagram accounts from the Cape & Islands that we love – the accounts that have made us think, act, laugh, shop and do more simply by way of their imagery and all hailing from our glorious little slice of the globe. If nothing else, most of these will make you realize just how special the Cape & Islands really are.
- Cape Clasp – Awesome product with a solid mission behind it and an even more kick-ass Instagram chock full of amazing Cape Cod sunsets (with some product shots peppered in and the occasional drone video)
2. CapeMade Field Guide – THE guide to all things locally grown, made and crafter – products, businesses, destinations and experiences across the sandbar.
A photo posted by CapeMade Field Guide (@capemadefieldguide) on
3. Cape Cod Insta – Stunning, user submitted photos of Cape Cod
4. Town Pool – It goes without saying that MV is all things funky fresh, but Nantucket’s insta game is S T R O N G, thanks in part to Town Pool. (PS – visit their brick and mortar shop when you leave the docks in ACK and ask what’s behind the fireplace!)
A photo posted by nantucket (@townpool) on
5. Nantucket Blackbook – You know what they say about the Vineyard and Nantucket. If you’re one of the Nantucket-ers, the Nantucket Blackbook is THE guide to all things Nantucket (activities/food/parties/rentals), and as if life on ACK isn’t enough, this Insta feed is chock full of other drool-worthy destinations to check out.
6. Cisco Brewers – Remember when I said Nantucket’s Insta game was kinda hella strong? Yea, well Nantucket’s hangout game has got summer on LOCK. Never been? Follow them on Insta and trust you’ll have yourself a visit planned in no time.
A photo posted by Cisco Brewers (@ciscobrewers) on
7. Bad Martha – Speaking of beer, we all know the queen of being bad reigns supreme here on MV. There’s no denying the alluring mermaid behind Bad Martha keeps us coming back for more. Plus – there is no better way to spend a post-beach afternoon than at the Farmer’s brewery, their Instagram is proof.
8. Vineyard Photography – Because we all know there’s Cape Cod photogrraphy and then there’s Vineyard photography.
A photo posted by Martha’s Vineyard (@vineyardphotography) on
9. KG Events Design – Let’s say you’re getting married. And let’s also say you might want said marriage to take place on Martha’s Vineyard. One peek at KG Events Insta and you better bust out the calendar because it’s time to pick a date, honey.
10. Chilmark Coffee Company – Because we’re suckers for beautiful pictures of delicious coffee…but we’re also suckers for delicious coffee made in our beautiful backyard.
A photo posted by Chilmark Coffee Company (@chilmarkcoffeecompany) on
11. Edgartown Board of Trade – For all the comings and goings happening in the quintessentially New England-ey picture perfect Edgartown.
12. The Grey Barn Chilmark – The simple beauty of visiting Grey Barn in person is barely captured by any photograph – but they do one hell of a job showing some of the slower, simpler pleasures of “up island” Martha’s Vineyard. Plus they sell some serious meat and cheese up at the Barn..so maybe we follow them to check that out, too.
A photo posted by The Grey Barn Chilmark, MA (@thegreybarnchilmark) on
13. South_of_the_Vineyard – Missin’ fishin’? These guys provide a regular dose of good ol’ casting on MV (with some Florida winter fishing, too…can’t blame ’em). A nice way to lament the rest of winter even more.
Going in for the kill! @mvfishman “Dick’s Bait and Tackle” you guys did a great job on that rod repair ! It seems to be holding up just fine !! #localtackleshop #BuffUSA #seewhatsoutthere #WhatGetsYouOutdoors #mylifeoutdoors #vineyardlife #MarthasVineyard #falsealbacore #Bonito #regulatormarine #mvderby2015 #whyknotfishing #TeamWhyKnot #stcroixrods #simmsfishing #stormrusa #Patagonia #gopro #grundens #nikon #hogylures #cantdothisfromthebeach #fishgloomis #FishShimano #gofishcam #FishOnContest3
14. Crispin Haskins – So, this one may be slightly biased because he may or may not be a good friend of ours, but Crispin puts out some of the best pics of Martha’s Vineyard you could find. This guy is an MV DEVOTEE – I have yet to meet another person with as much affection for this little island as him. With a combo of reposts and his own photography (with some epic Jaws throwbacks for good measure) we love seeing him pop up on our Insta feed.
A photo posted by CrispinHaskins (@crispinhaskins) on
15. Slip77 – What would a good blog post be without a dab of shameless self-promotion thrown in? We think our Instagram is pretty sweet thanks in large part to our phenom customers getting #SPOTTED in their swag. We also like to give sneak peeks at new product, contests, and a little glimpse into life on island (and off) behind the 9 dots curtain.
In measuring our own use of social media platforms – these days we find ourselves more and more going for the one-two punch-wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am satisfaction that Instagram offers over the much more calculated and process-driven Facebook. That’s not to say Facebook doesn’t have it’s place, but Instagram is easy and quick and fills our constant need for instant gratification measured in Likes – which, as we all know, is the only way we all measure our self worth nowadays anyways. So go give these peeps a look-see and maybe you’ll find a nugget of greatness among them!